StudioAly

I blog about my life as an artist, what I'm creating and thinking about creating, what I'm writing, crafting, sewing, weaving...

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Great Weaving article...

Click on the post title to view the link on the Weavezine website.  I absolutely LOVE Weavezine and the accompanying Podcast  Weavecast.  I'd like to say I'm an avid weaver, but I spend most of my time writing papers for now, but that will soon balance out.  Anywho, the link I've posted is to an article that introduces some textile sleuthing that assists weavers (or textile enthusiasts) with determining the draft of a favorite textiles that is pre-woven.  It really helps with re-working a draft to suit the needs of the designer and also with rearranging colors and altering textures.  This is one of the best articles/methods of instruction I've found thus far.  My weaving library is not all-inclusive (there are about 75 titles I'm looking to add to my current library of about 50), but this is definitely one of the best I've read despite the shortcomings of my biblioteque.  Ice cream would be good right now... Ok, I'm focusing. Check out the Weavezine at http://www.weavezine.com and I also recommend listening and/or subscribing to the Weavecast as well.  Syne conducts some amazing interviews and has great information to offer everyone, not just weavers and fiber artists. That's it for now, I'm back to paper writing. One more thing, thanks for the votes on my blog posts below Anonymous person. I can't wait until I get my first comments! It is also my summer project to "trick out" my blog and personalize it with my logo and possibly some artwork in the background. I also want to add links to my library, other books/what I'm reading, and stuff like that. I have to do a bit more research on HTML, I guess, but stay tuned. I'm excited about it. TTFN, Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment